Cuba is recognized for its medical breakthroughs in treatment, and in some instances, curing diseases that are considered incurable in some of the most advanced medical centers in both North America and Europe. Some of these breakthroughs and cures include:
- One of the world’s most advanced countries in the field of Orthopedic surgeries
- One of the world’s most advanced countries in the treatment of Retinitis Pigmentosa degenerative disease which leads to blindness
- Effective treatment for hard to treat skin conditions such as Vitiligo, Psoriasis, and Alopecia.
- Five cancer patent vaccines which proved effective in the treatment of. Many people are unaware that Cuba was the country which developed CimaVax, Vaxira (for the treatment of certain types of Lung cancers), Nimotuzumab (for the treatment of certain types of Head and Neck cancers), Heberferon for the treatment of certain types of Nevoid Basil-Cell Carcinoma Syndrome, some of the most effective anti-cancer drugs known to treat advanced Lung cancer and Head and Neck and brain tumors,
- HeberProt-P, the most effective treatment for Diabetic Foot Ulcer.