Causes for all types of alopecia are still not fully understood though they are believed to be an autoimmune problem in which lymphocytes (white blood cells) are found in the hair follicles (sacs in where hair begins to develop) in high amounts in people who suffer from alopecia.
A number ofdermatology researches coming from Cuba asserting that alopecia begins with cellular disturbances at the follicle level which decreases the blood flow to the scalp and stimulates the release of antigen substances triggering the immune system to react by sending a high amount of white blood cells and antibodies making it difficult for the follicles to grow hair. Family history, viruses, infections, certain chemical, hormones and allergens are also thought to be contributors to this condition.
Treatment in Cuba for this disorder is through the use of Piloactive Lotion and Piloactive Shampoo.
The success rate (76% based on results obtained by patients) of both lotion and shampoo is due to the fact that they consist of matter derived from the human placenta that regulate the sebaceous glands (glands responsible for moisturizing skin and hair), stimulates regrowth and strengthen hair roots by promoting better blood circulation to the affected area and improves protein development in the follicles.
Piloactive Lotion should be applied once a day by gently rubbing throughout the scalp. For better results, it is advisable that Piloactive Shampoo should be used at least twice a week.
Piloactive products have no side effects and are safe to treat children, pregnant and nursing women and the elderly.
Consultation with a specialist must first be made in order to receive treatment for the different types of alopecia in Cuba.
The specialist will then determine the length of treatment and the number of bottles of the product to be used.
Please note that the medication is not sold without an evaluation of a specialist and without prescription from a qualified doctor.
- General Conference on this disease.
- Specialized medical consultations.
- Daily treatment with diagnostic tests (3 days of ambulatory treatment)
- 1 treatment session for training with diagnostic tests (3 days of ambulatory treatment)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- The above program does not include medications for certain conditions such as depression, blood coagulation, etc.
- Medicaments, fluids, blood and derivatives to be used, as well as additional procedure(s)
- performed not included in the exact treatment would be invoiced
separately on upon the conclusion of said treatment / procedure(s)
Private room with the following features:
- Three à la carte meals taking into account the patient’s preferences and / or special diets prescribed by physician
- Fully equipped private bathroom
- Infirmary and nursing care
- Colour TV with national and international channels
- Local and international phone services (extra cost will apply)
- Safe box
- Internet service on every floor
- Laundry services
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM:
- Assistance in visa issuance and extension (If needs be)
- Each patient/ companion will be assigned a multi-lingual field member with the mandate of attending to all of our patients’ translation and personal needs;
- 20 hours internet service;
- Local airport pickup and drop off; and
- Hospital pickup and drop off (if needed)